Access your account
What you’ll need to gain access to your TSP account
When you become a TSP participant, you will receive:
- A TSP account number - the primary means of identifying your account. Once you have logged in to your account on the website, you can create a customized user ID to use instead of your account number for web transactions;
- A password to access your account on the website; and
- A Personal Identification Number (PIN), which you will use to access your account on the ThriftLine (1-877-968-3778).
When you log in to your TSP account for the first time, you will add and validate an email or phone number in order to use two-step authentication for additional security.
Two-step authentication helps you protect your account against fraud by prompting you for a one-time verification code each time you log in. This login process is more secure because it means that online access to your account requires something you know (your account number or user ID and password) and something you have (a one-time verification code you receive in your email or on your phone). Someone who tries to log in to your account fraudulently won’t be able to gain access without the code.
Keep your account information safe
The security of your account number (or user ID), password and ThriftLine PIN is critical to safeguarding the assets in your TSP account. You are responsible for any activity in your account transacted by someone who has access to these numbers. Remember to:
- Validate your contact information in your My Account profile settings.
- Use strong and unique passwords.
- Beware of phishing scams.
- Close your browser after you log out.
- Keep your contact information up to date.