Skip to main content

News and resources

  • Next outage: April 25, 2019
  • 12 a.m. – 7 p.m., eastern time
  • Unavailable Catch-up contribution

    Unavailable Withholding Allowance

    Unavailable Annual addition

Loan rate
Annuity rate

Latest news and announcements

See all

Stick to your plan — The stock and bond markets can change rapidly. By the time you react to the situation, the market may be moving in the opposite direction, and you could miss out on significant gains. Remember that investing for retirement is for the long-term. Try not to let short-term market movements steer you off course. To learn more, visit How to invest: Stick to your plan.

New TSP Podcast — We’re happy to announce our new podcast, The Real TSP! Hosted by TSP educators, each episode provides an in-depth look into your retirement investment plan and answers questions you care about the most. Whether you’re brand new to the government, well into your retirement years, or serving our country in the U.S. or abroad, this podcast has something for you. Find our podcasts at

Top 5 FAQs

  • How you change your address with us depends on whether or not you still work for the federal government.

    If you’re currently a federal employee, report your correct address to your agency. We can’t accept address changes directly from you.

    If you’re an active member of the Air Force, Army, Navy, or Marine Corps, you can update your address through the myPay website. Just make sure that you log in and go to the TSP section to change your TSP address. If you change it in the “Correspondence Address” section of myPay, it will not change your TSP address. Members of the Coast Guard and NOAA Corps can use Direct Access. Select “Home and Mailing Address” under Tasks, then choose “TSP” from the drop-down menu next to “Address Type.”

    If you’re no longer a federal employee or uniformed services member, visit My Account: Profile Settings to change the address. Or while you’re logged in, use our Change in Address for Separated Participants, Form TSP-9, and fax or mail it to us.

    To change or validate your contact information such as your phone number or email address, visit My Account: Profile Settings.

  • In most cases, you’ll use your agency’s or service’s electronic payroll system to start, change, or stop your TSP contributions. For example, civilian payroll systems include Employee Express, EBIS, LiteBlue, myPay, or NFC EPP. Uniformed services can use myPay (Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps) or Direct Access (Coast Guard and NOAA Corps).

    If your agency or service accepts the paper form, download and complete the Form TSP-1, Election Form (or Form TSP-U-1 for uniformed services members), or call the ThriftLine at 1-877-968-3778 and choose option 3 to have it mailed to you.

  • Starting in the year you turn 50, you may be eligible to make catch-up contributions to your TSP account in addition to your regular employee contributions.

    Here’s what you should know:

    • You must already be contributing an amount that will reach the IRS annual contribution limit. To see the current limits, visit Contribution Limits.
    • You may start, change, or stop making catch-up contributions at any times.
    • There are no matching contributions for catch-up contributions.
    • You must make a new election each year—they do not restart automatically.

    Uniformed services members can use tax-exempt pay to make catch-up contribution, but not incentive pay, special pay, or bonus pay.

    To make a catch-up contribution election, use your agency’s or service’s payroll website (e,g., Employee Express, EBIS, LiteBlue, myPay, and NFC EPP) or complete Form TSP-1-C, Catch-Up Contribution Election (TSP-U-1-C for uniformed services members) and submit it to your payroll office. You may also download the form or call the ThriftLine at 1-877-968-3778 and press 3 to request a copy.

  • If you forget, lose, or want to change your TSP account password, you’ve got a few options.

    If you forget or lose your password, go to the My Account section of, click on “Forgot your password?” and follow the prompts. If you know your password and want to change it, log in to My Account: Profile Settings and click on “Change Your Password.” You can also call the ThriftLine at 1-877-968-3778 and press option 3 to speak to a Participant Service Representative.

  • If you successfully complete the entire loan process online and are approved, you’ll receive your money within 7–10 business days in the form of a check mailed to the address we have on file for you. You will not have the option of receiving your money by electronic funds transfer (EFT).

    If you submitted a paper loan agreement, your request make take several weeks to process.

    You may track the status of your loan online or by contacting us.